Monday, February 15, 2010

The Subject is Trees.



For some time now I have been considering trees as a subject to draw. They are without a doubt deceptively difficult to draw. Yesterday as I was driving home at twilight I had a chance to observe many beautiful examples of the majestic pecan without their showy dressing of leaves and greenery. I much prefer them stark and bare as this is the time when you can see how sturdy, yet delicate they are. In the cool twilight when the sun is fading and the sky is blueish purple the branches reach out and twist and turn in such a graceful dance. I have decided that I do indeed prefer the tree in it's natural state.

1 comment:

Cathy said...

They are the last trees to produce leaves in spring that I know of. So when I see them budding, I know that Spring has done all of its tree stuff.