Saturday, July 26, 2008

Never say never!

There was a time when I was sure that the only way to be a good mother was to say what I mean and mean what I say. Well, I am older now and while that really does sound good it is not always the way life works. I use to say nobody should lay down with their kids to put them to sleep. Boy have I learned a lesson!
This is not a current picture of my grandaughter ( one of 3!! ) but the sentiment is the same. I just put her to bed and that means I layed down with her while she dozed off. ( I love that word doze.) When she stays here she sleeps next to me and I usually put her to bed. We say prayers...God bless Mommy, Daddy, Eli, Jodi, Judy, Sophia, Josh, Jennifer, Freddie, Emily, Matt and sooooo on. She likes to repeat some names and that seem perfectly fine to me! Then a quick Jesus Loves me and maybe I'v been working on the railroad, just depends on how sleepy she is. Tonight we got through the song and still had some time left to discuss the day. She enjoyed visiting a nursery with a little friend and she had a great time "riding" on the cement animals. I think she will have pleasant dreams tonight. She fell asleep in my arms with her fingers twisted in my hair. LIFE is good! Ahha!

2 comments:

Jen said...

So sweet... I miss Abby. Tell her we love her.

Cathy said...

I do wish I had taken a picture of those two on the concrete animals.

I always loved putting my children to sleep when they were younger. Your prayer ritual with your beautiful granddaughter brought tears to my eyes.